Tuesday, April 19, 2011

ART 350-EyeCon Update 3

My project is coming along nicely. I have finished building my canvases, five in total each 2' x 2'. I've also continued to play with the angle of the camera from above and have found a way I think works best. This of course will change once the piece is installed, but I at least feel better about the general angle and distance. After finding that both the Front Door and McNamara Galleries will not be available for me to install my piece on May 3, I've decided to try and install the piece in the northernmost stairwell of the CFA Building (near the painting studio), the one covered in graffiti and other artworks. This environment seems appropriate to invite people to interact with my work and express themselves on the canvas, hopefully drawing inspiration from the art surrounding them. I will ask Wendy to make sure it is okay to install my piece in the area and also if I may borrow an easel from the painting studio for the installation. I am glad to say I accomplished all the goals I set for this project in the last update. For next week, I need to confirm I can install in the stairwell and borrow an easel, play with how to incorporate different sounds in the same field, and be prepared to install (i.e having everything tested and ready).

No comments: