Tuesday, May 3, 2011

ART 350-EyeCon Final Installation



The final installation for my EyeCon project worked successfully. I was able to accomplish my goals of getting music to play based on where paint was laid on a canvas. I had some minor problems along the way, but was able to work through them. All in all, I agree with the comments during the critique that there was definitely room to push this project even further. This, and all the technology we were introduced to this semester, are so new and experimental that when using them I must not limit myself to things I know and the basic functions that these technologies offer. Just as new technologies in the past created countless new creative and conceptual artworks, these new technologies are jut the same and have possibly even more opportunity to push the envelope. That being said, for my first project using the EyeCon software, I feel learned many of the basic functions that the software has to offer and will hopefully be able to continue and progress my artwork from what I learned.

No comments: