Thursday, May 5, 2011

ART 343-Pepakura Mini-Golf Hole


My completed Pepakura mini-golf hole turned out differently than I had initially expected when I started the project. My concept was to take the objective and competitiveness out of the game, thus making the game utterly meaningless. I tried to achieve this concept by creating a hole that everyone would get a hole-in-one. I tried and realize this by creating tracks for the ball to go in that would lead directly to the hole. I am satisfied with the design that I created in Pepakura, and feel that my physical object turned out beautifully as well. That being said, I scaled the original size down too much and thus made my physical object too small to be used with the marbles. I am also not too crazy with the spray paint I used, but all in all am satisfied with how this project turned out. If I were to redo this project I would definitely make sure that I scaled the design correctly, as well as print on a paper of my choice, rather than defaulting to what was available in the digital media lab.



No comments: