Tuesday, April 12, 2011

ART 350-Eyecon Update 2

Since last week I have narrowed down the number of tracks I am going to be using from twenty to nine. I believe this helps for it to sound more like a song, and less like a jumble of sounds going off all at once. I have also replaced most of the single time sound effects with looping beats. I played around with the camera position a bit and have found it difficult to create fields that work as well as I want from the overhead position, so I think I am going to have to work using the polygon tools, or find a different angle that will work better. I contacted the gallery to see if it would be possible to set up my installation in either the McNamara or Front Door Galleries on April 27, but was denied due to the Student Art Show the following day. I was just informed that these projects will not be due until May 3, so I will ask if it would be possible to install my project on that date. If that does not work I will try and find another suitable place to install. For next week I would like to have the camera position and angle figured out and working, have the polygon fields positioned in the areas needed to fill up the canvas area it is pointed at, and have the canvases built and ready to be painted on.

No comments: