Tuesday, April 5, 2011

ART 350-EyeCon Update 1




I have made some great progress over the week on my EyeCon project. I set a goal to play with the program a bit and test it's capabilities to see what I would and would not be able to do. So far I have been able to create 20 separate fields within EyeCon, all of which have their own .wav file. Each field is activated when EyeCon recognizes a change in the white background, such as paint being applied. I've set each field to "Expansion," which just means that the more of a field that is taken up, the louder the volume is for that certain .wav track. I initially downloaded a variety of sound files I thought would work well together to make a unique song, but after playing with them found that they do not actually all work that well together. I plan to continue looking for more sounds that mesh together better than the ones I have now. As for installation location, I don't have a specific location in mind yet. Somewhere where people would be able to be walking by a blank canvas and paints and be intrigued to let their artistic juices flow. Perhaps in the Front Door Gallery or in the McNamara Gallery.

No comments: