Tuesday, March 29, 2011

ART 350-Second Project Declaration


I would like to use the EyeCon to create an interactive musical painting for the second project of the semester. I have stumbled upon various websites like this one, where the user can create their own music simply by pressing a corresponding key on their keyboard. I want to take that idea to painting, but instead of pressing a key, the beats and synthesized sounds will be activated by painting on a canvas. I intend to have Eyecon focused on a canvas where people will be invited to paint on a blank canvas. I will create areas on the canvas that Eyecon will trigger to play a certain sound (either once or looped) if it notices a change, such as paint being applied. Hopefully, each song created will be unique just as each painting will be unique.

No comments: