Tuesday, March 29, 2011

ART 350-Arduino Final Installation




We have finally finished installing our jellyfish in the 208A Gallery in the Church of Fine Arts at UNR. I have learned a lot from this project, both about the possibilities of Pepakura and of Arduino. I feel as if we have only scratched the surface of the potentials with both of these programs, and look forward to delving deeper into each of them as my work with digital art progresses. Although we originally planned to have more jellyfish, I think that only having three works well for the small gallery space. Each jellyfish is equipped with it's own Arduino along with six LED's programmed to blink in sequence. All in all, I am satisfied with how this project turned out.








3 comments:

Rachel. said...

For all the hassle and long hours you and Justine said it took you to put these jellyfish together, I think they turned out stellar! I think the blinking lights and the quiet ocean sounds in the installation really set off nicely the beauty of all the paper folds and how sculptural the jellyfish turned out. I hope you guys hang them up in your house!

Unknown said...

A very, very impressive job overall. It's really obvious that you both worked really hard on your project and even though you only created a smaller amount than first desired, the effect of a relaxing underwater oceanic effect is still brilliantly incorporated within the jellyfish. I would have loved to see the lights turn on a bit slower, but that's just nit-picking. For a first time on new programs, they are exceptionally well made. Great job overall.

--VMS

Jessica Danielle Fryman said...

While I think your work turned out great, it seems as if it was more of a Pepakura project than one focusing on Arduino technology. Flashing lights using the Arduino is one of the most basic functions, and I feel like learning the ins and outs of the technology and emphasizing what it can do in your work could have been expanded.

That aside, the project looked and worked well in your space. Well done.