Sunday, February 13, 2011

ART 343-Second Life Avatar and Object Comparison




For this assignment we were to create a realistic self-portrait avatar as well as an object from our daily lives in the online virtual-world of Second Life. I had created a self-portrait avatar previously in Second Life for the beginning Digital Media class, which can be viewed here. I feel that my second attempt at my avatar was much more successful, due in part to the fact that I had spent more time in Second Life figuring out it's capabilities as well as using a skin template to import an actual image of my face rather than using the default skins. I am pleased with the way my avatar turned out, but feel as if there are still some things I can do do to make it truly look just like me.
As for the object I created, I decided to create a replicate of my Sony PSP. Again, I was pleased with the way it turned out, but still feel like there is more that I can do to make it seem truly realistic. This was my first time creating in object in Second Life, but found the build feature to be pretty simple and fun to play around with. I look forward to spending more time in Second Life and discovering more possibilities and ways to expand my ideas as a digital media artist.

No comments: