Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Project #2: Build an Instrument



For the second project we were to continue with the idea of "found sound" by creating our own home-made musical instruments. After some research online of home-made instruments that other people had made, I came to the conclusion that a drum would probably be the easiest and least time-consuming instrument to make (although I considered making some sort of guitar as well). I gathered some materials I thought would work well in making a drum, (some stove-top burner liners, metal hangers, strong sticky paper, and some key ring accessories for additional flare) and started hot-gluing it all together. In the end, I was satisfied with the way my instrument had turned out, and yet again demonstrated my obsession with planning and order.

No comments: