Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Final Project Declaration

I have come upon an idea that truly interests me and I plan on pursuing for the final project. I am going to be submitting a proposal to the iraqimemorial.org project. I would like to create a replica of a human heart that would bleed out a drop of oil for each innocent Iraqi civilian that has been killed since the "war in terror" began. The drops of oil would fall into a large bowl in the shape of two hands, which would be painted with an American flag on them. Eventually the oil would overflow into a large pool that is placed below the hands. I would also incorporate some sort of counter to keep track of the number of drops/deaths that have occurred. I am still in the beginning phases of this idea and have not decided how I will go about creating this piece, but it will most likely be a mix of Photoshop and Flash or in Second Life.

No comments: